Saturday, May 30, 2009

Totemic

I was going to post this the other day after my PEI blog as a test of your powers of observation but decided to take other axetion. This morning, however, I received a sign from the blogiverse
that all things totemic are the topic of the hour so here it is.
********
Somehow, I feel this exerpt from "Death of a Lady's Man" is fitting:
"I saw the dove come down, the dove with the green twig, the childish dove out of the storm and flood. It came toward me in the style of the Holy Spirit descending. I had been sitting in a café for twenty-five years waiting for this vision. It hovered over the great quarrel. I surrendered to the iron laws of the moral universe which make a boredom out of everything desired. Do not surrender, said the dove. I have come to make a nest in your shoe. I want your step to be light."
The Dove
L. Cohen

6 comments:

  1. Lou, this is certainly a totally strange image, like Dali would have done... can you imagine if Dali had been able to use photoshop ? What IS it ??? Wonderfully weird...

    So now you are receiving signs from the blogosphere ??? Hmmm... have you told anyone about this ? Are you hearing any voices too ???

    Oh yeah, meant to ask if you have looked at "Rain"'s blog ? Saw where she said on there that she is moving to PEI in the near future... If not, she has left a comment or two at my place, you can connect through there... she's doing a piece about reflections with submitted photos that should be published tomorrow... including a couple from your masked blog pal in France...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen: Yes, in fact, I have been hearing voices from the Dead from time to time in the blogosphere.

    What do you mean, "What is it?" I like to call it How I Spent My Summer Vacations. It's an assemblage of images from various places I visited within the span of one year (Vancouver, Seattle, PEI, Tropea).

    I think I've seen Rain's blog. Oddly, I do know that she's moving to PEI. Sometimes in reading blogs I feel like I'm finding out too much about people that I don't know and have to back away quietly, like when confronted with an alarmingly large raccoon. I'm looking forward to seeing the reflections postings, though. Forgot to submit some so will have to go solo.

    Who was that masked American Frenchman? High-ho Silver, away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: Found out that Rain lives in the Eastern Townships so is a fellow Canuck, hence not too late at all for me to participate in her Reflections group blog because she's actually a time-zone behind me. Yay! Will post connection (once I find out where it's happening) in the "Links I Like" on my sidebar. All you silent watchers out there, stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... so this is one of your creations ! Excellent, maybe Dali was one of your distant uncles?

    Found a raccoon on a blog today at :

    http://anenglishgirlrambles.blogspot.com/

    They are everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Extra extra small!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You wear it well! Can you still? (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete