Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This One's for The Sagittarian

Further to our discussion in my previous post, Saj...



Please hurry up and get here, Saj.  Owen's been lying under the bar stool for the past few hours, playing his air guitar.

"I get up in the evening, and I ain't got nothing to say
I come home in the morning, I go to bed feeling the same way
I ain't nothing but tired, man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help
(Chorus)
You can't start a fire, you can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark
Message keeps getting clearer, radio's on and I'm moving round the place
I check my look in the mirror I wanna change my clothes my hair my face
Man I ain't getting nowhere just sitting in a dump like this
There's something happening somewhere baby I just know that there is
(Chorus)
You sit around getting older there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
I'll shake this world off my shoulders come baby this laughs on me
Stay on the streets of this town and they'll be carving you up alright
They say you got to stay hungry hey baby I'm just about starving tonight
I'm dying for some action I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write
this book
I need a love reaction come on now baby give me just one look
(Chorus)
Hey baby!"

The Boss

10 comments:

  1. Yeah, well what else is there to do while waiting for the Saj to show up with four or five bottles of wine and the fixings for Gluewine or whatever she calls it ???

    WV is "salperd", as in, I'm feeling pretty salperd today, hurry up Saj !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and just wanted to say too, perhaps my all time favorite Boss song is this one :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22Ey5UnaE-Y

    Another version of same here :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4zTNSTqofs&feature=related

    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could dance with me, for one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Good and bluesy. There's a Van Morrison feel to the first version. I don't know how, but I kinda missed Springsteen when he came on the scene, so never really got on board the Boss express. It's like discovering new music when I hear him now.

    I think it's last call...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait.....(hang on, Bruce, I'll be back shortly) I'M HERE! Oh Big sis, thank you for that. What a treat!!

    Well, if you two are dancin' then I'll have to grab Bruce as I'm the odd one out otherwise, typical the youngest is always left out...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No no no no no, Saj! That's not BrOwen I'm dancing with--he thought it was too weird to dance with his big sister. (Personally, I think it's cuz he can't dance, but don't tell him I said so.) I think Bruce is man enough for sisters to share a dance with. Would you mind?

    WV: "warrodd"
    BrOwen and I were really warrodd that you woudn't turn up before closing time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, it's just the three of us left here... one big happy family... oh yeah, and Bruce... good old Bruce. I have memories of when he played a the Swarthmore College Amphitheatre in the woods in about 1974, and could be heard all over town, and we didn't even know who he was then... I saw him for the first time at the Spectrum in Philadelphia in '78. The rest is history...

    WV is "cater", as in can you get them to cater in some more beer here ??? Or, can you cater to the cat in the bathtub ?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One fears to interrupt this (always very much loved) discussion between you folks. Maybe a good chance to thank you all for providing a further wish to get a glimpse of it, even without saying anything on my behalf.
    As there are already about 70F or close to 20C over here, a wonderful chance as well to get rid of the large amout of Glühwein we do still have over here; there are also herbals available to make it on your own throughout the later months of the year.
    Please have you all a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Owen,
    Would that be cater as in caterwaul?

    1974-78 includes some of the years I was at art school. I had several musician friends, and had also got back into dancing with a small contemporary group...somehow Bruce Springsteen just never made it onto my radar at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robert,
    I'm so happy you made it to our little party! And how wonderful that you've brought along a fresh supply of Glühwein! It's obviously far too warm for you to be drinking it in Athens, so pull up a bar stool and join us.

    ReplyDelete