Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tagged

(Art Gallery Guard Cat, NYC)


A couple of weeks ago, I got tagged by Mr. Toad of Magic Lantern fame (and I do mean fame). I understand it is a matter of noblesse oblige in Blogland to respond when this happens. The rules of the game also indicate that one is supposed to tag 6 other people, but one can alter the rules and questions...so I say, if any one out there wants to post answers to these questions on their own blogs, or in the sand for that matter, you are invited to do so.

So here are the questions with my responses:

What are your current obsessions?
Who says I'm obsessed? Have you been watching me? I guess I'm a bit obsessive about maintaining my blog, otherwise known as talking to myself in the dark. And checking OPB's (Other People's Blogs)...

Which item in your wardrobe do you wear most often?
My black shawl--probably something to do with the Italian in me.

What's for dinner?
Usually whatever Pierre wants to cook.

What's the last thing you bought?
Other than necessities? A colourful, low-cut summer dress that I'll probably regret.

What are you listening to?
The wind in the leaves, birds singing, summer approaching. I am listening to the absence of winter.

If you were a god/goddess, who would you be?
Sedna, so I could be featured in some cool Inuit art.

Favourite holiday spots?
Anytime, anywhere visiting with my daughter. Although, probably not if snow was involved.

What are you reading?
I'm re-reading "Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates" by Tom Robbins. When I read it several years ago, I raced through it. This time I'm savouring the language.

Who or what makes you split your sides laughing?
Not really a side-splitter. Can't say what might set me off; it has to be something very unexpected and incongruous. Then I'll laugh till the tears roll down my face and I may continue for hours afterwards, intermittently...depending on how much I've had to drink.

Who's your hero/heroine?
Fred Astaire, movie version. He could sweep me off my feet any day.

First spring thing?
Slapping some fake tan lotion on my legs so I don't blind the public when I start wearing skirts again after the endless winter.

Favourite film?
I've watched Broadcast News many times. I like Amadeus. Les Choristes. Once. The Hours. Singin' in the Rain...Chloe in the Afternoon...King of Hearts...I guess no real all-time hands-down favourite. It's still open.

Care to share some wisdom?
If you're female, make sure your skirt is not tucked into your underwear when leaving the washroom; if male, check that the barn door isn't open. But not to be sexist--if you're a girl wearing pants or a guy wearing a skirt, same deal!

If you were a tree?
A weeping willow (inspired by "Willow Weep For Me", Chad & Jeremy version).

Fictitious character who left a lasting impression?
Miss Haversham. And Cinderella.

Four words to describe yourself.
I'm an acquired taste.

Six things you love (other than the obvious).
Sorry, time's up!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Louciao,
    Fame ? Hmmm, and what did she mean by fame ??? My curious and unpredictable raccoon-esque mind is thinking maybe in the back of her mind she was referring to something like this :

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aDSyi5vBI

    And god only knows how YouTube ever comes up with their file names, and whether they serve in some bizarrely coded way as an index...

    So, you decided to take up the tag... a funny business these tags and awards... I think I may steer clear of them for a while, more of a distraction; although then again, some amusing insights may emerge... like "I'm an acquired taste"... hmm, me, it took me a long time to acquire a taste for green olives and eggplant (anathema of my childhood)... so, are you like green olives and eggplant ????

    So, have you ever walked out of a restroom with your skirt in your skivies ??? Very funny image, guess it must happen...

    And you like King of Hearts ????? Did we discuss that at some point ??? I don't think so, but my swiss-cheese mind could be deceiving me. That fabulous movie was filmed entirely in Senlis, France, which is just a short ten minute drive up the road from here. Our girls go to school in Senlis... one of the prettiest old stone towns still around in France. The film about Seraphine was also filmed in part there, my oldest daughter was an extra in it, but they cut the scene where she would have appeared... (she was pissed !) Love that movie anyway, King of Hearts; war is madness... Seraphine is good too, you may enjoy that if you get a chance...

    Ah yes, blogging and OPBs become an obsession... it can't be helped, there are too many amazing people out there with raccoons in their attics... speaking of which, you may enjoy the blog at the link I just added in my list of Fun blogs for Tom B. Photography... a gentleman after my own bizarre cemetery abandoned house & factory mind; and a pretty fair photog at that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Owen: Enjoyed the trip back in timelessness to listen to DB's Fame during my lunch hour. Led me to other memories, which I won't go into here.

    As for "acquired tastes" perhaps you can think of me as the green olive in a dry martini or the roasted slice of eggplant beneath a spicy Calabrian antipasto.

    And no, I haven't quite walked out of a washroom with my skivvies on view!

    We haven't discussed King of Hearts before and I'm quite amazed to learn of your proximity to where it was filmed. I took a peek at Senlis online. Now it's my turn to be green with envy! I'd love to see the film Seraphine but can't find it anywhere as yet to rent. Perhaps still too new--and esoteric for hereabouts.

    Thanks for your comments and for sharing a few little insights into your life. I love these random blogside chats.

    ReplyDelete