Saturday, February 2, 2013

Casanova and Minimalism

Continuing on with my investigation of the curious case of the Carmel Casanova as discussed in the two previous posts, this contraption of hooks and wires flung over the wall to climb up, over, and out would appear to be the main means of escape, or of entry, into the Casanova cube.


Definitely an innovative adaptation of the more traditional tied-together sheets used for impromptu escapes.



 And here's another piece of curious hardware...Casanova's dog tag!  Curious and curiouser.

Bonnie of Pixel Dust Photo Art is hosting an exhibit of "minimalist" pictures in her virtual gallery this weekend that might pique your curiosity.  I think the rusted dog tag qualifies, but if I want to get really hardcore with minimalism, I think I could do no better--or worse--than with this other strange feature found on the Carmel Casanova's wall...







Original on left

Altered right
(don't ask me how!)






Possibly a peep hole?
We will never know.


20 comments:

  1. Oh goodness this just keeps getting more interesting. Love your fun edit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ida,
      When I photographed that mysterious configuration I had no idea just how far the intrigue would go! Glad you like it.

      Delete
  2. Hole in the wall,
    suspense and intrigue.
    Where next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the original Casanova had nothing on this modern one... We're really getting into some funny territory now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jann,
      I think I stumbled upon Casanova's box of tricks!

      Delete
  4. I much prefer the sound of "peeping casanova" to "peeping tom", Lynne! You've made a wonderful piece of art out of nothing at all. Now THAT takes talent! Amazing how much art you have produced by having the prescience to photograph an interesting piece of hardware with its accompanying graffiti.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonnie,
      Ha! what a difference a name makes. A peeping Casanova sounds a bit naughty but a peeping Tom is just downright nasty. I love your description of "making a wonderful piece of art out of nothing at all." Makes me feel like a magician! As Bullwinkle used to say to Rocky "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"

      Delete
  5. Ooooh - on a second look at the SOOC hole, I see the barrel of a gun! Perhaps I've listened to CNN a bit too much lately?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I'm lucky I got out of there alive!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Currie,
      Oh, I'm so pleased that you think so! It is a little bit "over the top."

      Delete
  7. i think you've shot a hole in one,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,
      I'm glad that you're not teed off.

      Delete
  8. Out here in the wild, wild west, we have many, many places named Hole-In-The-Wall. Of course, here it is always a rocky formation with lots of huge holes where outlaw gangs would hide out. Maybe, that's the gun Bonnie up there sees?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stickup,
      Perfect! Yes, this is a real hole in the wall place! Didn't even think of that (duh!) Brings to mind a Bruce Cockburn tune, "Who put the bullet hole in Peggy's kitchen wall?http://youtu.be/sAcqr3MYMmM


      Delete
  9. Brilliant colours and textures....I'm focusing on that metal tag!
    Is there more to come?

    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby,
      Yes, I do have a couple more photos of Casanova's hole-in-the-wall hideaway. You shouldn't encourage me!

      But speaking of brilliant colours and textures, I've been delighting in this tourism video promoting the "natural" wonders of Scotland:

      http://youtu.be/yfybEEWnYSI

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Shayla,
      You have left the perfect minimalist comment! Thank you.

      Delete